1960 Bentley S2 Continental Flying Spur
Chassis number: BC32AR
Registration number: 748UYP
The aluminium bodied ‘Continental’ Bentleys were produced by coachbuilder H.J. Mulliner. Indeed the chassis and running gear for this exquisite car was manufactured in 1959 before being sent to H.J. Mulliner, the car was subsequently registered on 15th January 1960 to a Mr F.W. Copeland of London E10 and was first registered on FC 77.
The previous owner, was the Late Mr James Crickmay of noted Bentley dealers Franks Dale and Stepsons; he commissioned a substantial amount of work on the ‘Flying Spur’ including a complete re-trim at a cost of over £13,700. The coachwork is finished in Regal Red and the interior is Sandstone; both of these are of a sublime quality. The interior letaher & walnut is particularly spectacular & redolent of the day it left Mulliners' Bedford Park Works in Chiswick.
To be expected of such a magnificent machine, the engine runs supremely well and the car drives beautifully on the road. Taking a long hjpurney in one of these is to fully understand why they garnered the sobriequet "Continental".
Currently in Germany the car may be viewed there by appintment. It is hard to think of a more luxurious way to travel. Supplied with a V5C registration document the car will be freshly MOT's by us upon its return if coming to the UK. With no advisories, it also comes with a substantial history folder containing copies of the original build sheets together with a list of all of the previous keepers.
With only 64 righthand drive examples manufactured to this ‘six-light’ four-door format she can certainly be described as rare. Inspection of this Bentley S2 Continental Flying Spur is recommended to ascertain the quality of this delightful feat of engineering. Ths car is in exceptional condition & is way way above average.